Friday, March 18, 2011

Jeudi

Yesterday we met these four young boys from Arizona who had hopped on a bus for 14 hours just to come to Temple Square. They couldn’t have been older than 18 but you could feel their excitement as they were able to explore this historic site. Two of them had just gotten baptized a few months ago and you could sense their love and desire to share what has made them so happy with everyone they know. This encounter got me thinking about why I served a mission, what made me want to dedicate 18 months of my life to this work? I’m not a convert to the church being that my family is LDS but I nonetheless had a defining moment when I had to chose, is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the true church? Much like many converts to the church I had to ask, I had to know for myself that it was the right church for me. So I did just that, I asked my Heavenly Father knowing that He would answer my prayer. Because of that question and the sincere desire that I had to know the truth I was able to gain a personal witness that it is Christ’s church once again restored to the earth… I guess that’s why I chose to serve. The gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life and I know it can do that for everyone. What better gift to give back to my Savior than to help others return to him?


And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you (3 Nephi 11:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment