Saturday, March 26, 2011

"attendant avec l'oeil de la foi"

Life is filled with twists and turns that often times cannot be anticipated. There are questions that cannot be answered and things we simply cannot understand. Despite all of this adversity we face if we are able to look forward with faith we can be given all the answers and strength that we need to accomplish any task (Alma 32:40-41). My testimony of this principle has significantly increased this week as I sat in front of two Sister Missionaries who were looking to me for help and guidance. I am not a theologist nor a scripturist but I do know that no matter how weak I may be through faith in the Lord my weakness may become strength (Ether 12:27). In the Book of Mormon we see so many examples of people being given strength according to their faith. In the First Book of Nephi chapter 7 it states "But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, Saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound." Because of Nephi's faith he was able to break the bands which held him bound and stand before his brothers that were causing him so much pain. We may not be tied up by evil captors but we can be freed from the woes of life that hold us bound if we exercise faith in Christ. According to our faith we can be granted the ability to do all things, even help two Sister's in their time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment