Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Adieu

So this little project has come to an end. I can't lie I am going to miss writing on this little blog thing but I guess this new obsession will have to wait until I return home from the mission. Every time I wrote on this website I wrote with a specific person in mind. Whether it was a friend from home or a person on the Square, I always wrote hoping that something that I said could or would help resolve the concerns of the reader. Life is constantly changing and as you can see from this being my last blog entry as a missionary, so is missionary work. I will return home from the mission shortly and this fact has had me reflecting on the past few months as a missionary. I have spoken to a lot of people and shared with them the thing that I hold the most sacred, my testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I suppose there is no better way to end this experience than to leave you with that very testimony.
Christ lives. He is the same yesterday, today and forever and because of this undeniable truth He has called a prophet again today. God's current prophet, Thomas S. Monson, holds the keys to the power of heaven and leads and guides Christ's Church through divine inspiration. There is no greater happiness that can be found than in and through Christ's Gospel. I can promise you that if you will humble yourself enough to ask God if this is true that He will tell you because He told me. I pray that you can find the truth that speaks happiness to the soul and peace to the mind. There is nothing of greater value that I have to leave you with except for these things. They may be simple but they are true, of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment: